Friday, July 3, 2009

I think I'll Call It Farm Share Soup!


At last. It's getting later in the season and we finally got something besides greens in our farm share this week. Sure there were some greens, too, but we also got a bunch of carrots, a bunch of peas, a zucchini, and a summer squash. Last week while I was flipping through some cookbooks for inspiration on how to use all the greens, turnips, and radishes we'd been getting every week, I found a cookbook that featured three different versions of minestrone soup, depending on the season. Inspired by these recipes I decided to make a vegetable/minestrone soup using all my farm share veggies. The final product has the farm share carrots, peas, and squash, and turnip greens in addition to some onion, garlic, beans, and crushed tomatoes. Oh. And some basil from our container garden. Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment